Analogue safety control systems
for the UK Hinkley Point C EPR project
Since 2010, TechnicAtome, its subsidiary ARCYS and Framatome have been jointly developing the "UNICORN" class 1 analogue safety control platform that meets the UK’s safety and licensing requirements.
Hinkley Point C is the first application of this platform, used as a diversified safety system for protection of the reactor and heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Design and engineering of emergency control systems for protection of the reactor and heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, including qualification and testing.
- Fabrication, assembly and wiring with ARCYS, of over 7,000 modules for each reactor.
- 2011 : design of the UNICORN platform begins
- 2017 : start of Hinkley Point C basic design studies
- 2018 : platform qualification ends
- 2019 : start of manufacturing
- 2022 : on-site delivery (unit 1)
- 2023 : on-site delivery (unit 2)