Construction and operating the shore-based nuclear test reactor for French naval propulsion and its related facilities
After its commissioning in October 2018, it reached full power in March 2021.
TechnicAtome est l’opérateur technique du RES pour le compte du CEA.
Representative of the reactors on-board ships, the RES is a privileged tool for improving digital simulation tools for designing future reactors as well as maintaining in operational conditions the entire fleet in service.
- Overall design of the RES (steam supply system and infrastructure)
- Project management of most of the production process
- Design and manufacture of the core
- Provision of I&C; and classified equipment
- Maintenance and operation of the facility
- Managing facilities
- Performing tests
- Major maintenance operations (loading, unloading, etc.)
© CEA/G. Lesénéchal
- 2004 : Reinforcement of the reactor building basemat
- 2005 : Lining & Commissioning of the pool and the workshop
- 2011 : Assembly of the steam supply system block
- 2012 – 2017 : Machine, ventilation and system testing, related services, overall testing
- October 10, 2018 1st criticality and commissioning of the reactor
- March 9, 2021 : Maximum power